With every year that comes and goes, new marketing trends emerge, which we all need to take note of. After all, the Internet moves at such a fast pace, as does the world of business. If you do not keep abreast of everything that is happening and ensure that your business is ahead of the game, you are only going to get left behind while the competition pulls away. So, let’s take a look at some of the hottest marketing trends to keep an eye out for in 2018.
- More specialist services being used – As we move into 2018, it is likely that we are going to see businesses look for more specialist services. It is of little surprise, when you consider the plethora of marketing agencies that have opened over the past decade. Now, rather than using the services of a general firm, business owners can look for someone who is not only an expert in marketing, but also an expert in their industry. You can look for a marketing agency for IT consultants who will not only know how to make sure you are visible online, but they will know all about your field of expertise and how to appeal to your target consumer base. This is just one example; there are many more. You only need to look online and you will see marketing agencies dedicated to businesses ranging from fitness companies to hotels.
- Consumers will expect more from brands – As brands continue to provide more, consumers are only going to expect more. Marketers are going to have to find new ways to delight customers with a service that should be almost instant. We have the likes of on-demand content, same-day delivery, and voice assistants to thank for this one. How are you going to be able to top this in 2018? Time to get your thinking cap on!
- Ad management will change – Another trend we are likely to see with regards to marketing is the way in which we manage ads. This is thanks to the introduction of machine learning. More and more businesses will be implementing software that helps them to manage their ads effectively. Advanced machine-learning algorithms will be used to identify ideal audiences and successful creatives. This is just another way that marketing is going to get more efficient and more intelligent.
- LinkedIn will become more widely used with B2B marketers – LinkedIn has made a number of key updates to its platform throughout the year, and we are likely to see the fruits of this labour in 2018. A new user interface was introduced in 2017, and this is just one of many improvements, including changes to their ad platform. Because of this, it’s likely that marketing professionals and business owners in general will utilise this social media platform more in 2018.
- Live events will take off – This is the year when we are going to see live events take off. In fact, roughly two-thirds of marketers have stated that they are going to host more live events in 2018. This is going to be one of the most successful marketing channels throughout the year for big brands.
- Privacy protection becomes a monumental selling point – It seems that a day does not go by without news of a data breach at the moment. There have been a number of high profile breaches in 2017. This includes the Equifax breach and the DNC email hack. Because of this, consumers are going to be looking for products that protect their privacy. Not only is this going to be at the forefront of consumers’ minds, but the government as well. Because of this, incorporating your stance with regards to privacy protection within your marketing campaign is of huge importance.
- Voice optimised content will be introduced – Last but not least, voice optimised content is something you can expect to see this year. Last year, roughly one-fifth of online searches were conducted by voice search. This is expected to increase considerably over the next few years, and marketers need to optimise content for voice search as a consequence.
So there you have it: an insight into some of the main marketing trends we are likely to see dominate in 2018. It is always important to keep ahead of the latest trends and everything that is going on in the world of marketing. You should reassess and tweak your marketing plans throughout to ensure that your business adapts to any changes.