AHH! Yes, I just said it. I haven’t started my holiday shopping at all. This post doesn’t have much to do with diversifying my finances, but it does involve me trying to shop and save money. A lot of our money is being shoveled towards our long trip, and I consider that my present. There is honestly NOTHING that I want for the holidays, and every single year I tell W that. However, this year I can honestly say that there is nothing that I want or need. I feel like I have it all. I don’t have to buy too many presents. The holidays usually aren’t something too crazy for us because we don’t have many gifts to buy for others. We do usually go all out for each other, but this year that probably won’t happen because neither of us can think of anything that we want. I don’t know if that’s good or bad though – I guess we’ve bought things that we needed or wanted already! It is good though because then we can save more for our long trip. We have estimated that it will cost around $10,000 for the two months altogether for the two of us. Anyways, here are the gifts that we will need to buy this year:
- My sister. I will probably start on Chippmunk and look at their Sports Authority deals!
- My sister’s boyfriend.
- Secret Santa #1 – We do secret santa with W’s family each year because there are just so many of them!
- Secret Santa #2 – I don’t want to say either of their names because they might read this post!
- All of the children. W has a sister who is 13 (his brother is in his late 20s and is included in the Secret Santa Exchange, however, the younger children are not), a brother who is 10, two nephews and one niece who are all under the age of 11.
- His grandparents.
- Miscellaneous gifts. I can’t think of anyone else right now but I’m sure there is someone else. We don’t usually exchange gifts with friends ever.
In the end, I think we will be spending a few hundred dollars. Last year, we went way above that and spent a lot, but this year will be more modest. I plan on saving money by using Chippmunk. I’m all about shopping online. Yes, I know Christmas is soon, but the family Christmas where gift exchanging happens is usually around one week after Christmas so that everyone can get together.
Here are some features of Chippmunk:
- Coupons and deals are verified by Chippmunk.
- They use the awesome CouponRank algorithm to make sure that you are getting a good deal.
- They have a great selection of online retailers.
- The website has a Payment Type feature, particularly for people who use certain forms of payment so that they can stick to their budget.
- The Estimated Arrival Feature on Chippmunk allows users to choose stores that will allow them to get their products on time.
How much do you think you will spend this holiday season? Have you ever used Chippmunk?